For the writing of The Justice Demand, I conducted an empirical survey of 117 respondents on their attitudes and views about various issues including social justice and their local churches. I set out here the responses on views about social justice in the form of pie charts.
The key findings are as follows:
1. 19% of the respondents do not think that their church leaders understand social justice.
2. 45% of the respondents think that their church is not doing enough regarding social justice.
3. 56% of respondents think that the majority of their church congregation do not understand social justice.
4. 34% only slightly agree that the majority of their church congregation do understand social justice.
5. 44% of the respondents’ local churches have not had any sermon, workshop, discussion or ministry on social justice.