Yio Chu Kang Chapel, Bethany Room
242 Yio Chu Kang Road S545671
Who is this for?
– Christians passionate for Jesus but dissatisfied or disconnected with traditional expressions of Christianity.- Followers of Jesus who want to be more fruitful in the harvest and have a burden to reach out to other cultural groups.
– Frustrated Apostles, Prophets and Evangelists that struggle to find their fit in structures geared more for Teachers and Pastors.
Who are Scott and Sarah C?
Scott shares: “After 10 years in Eastern and Central Asia, Sarah and I relocated to Western Melbourne 4 years ago under Praxeis. This region is characterised by high unemployment, crime rates and domestic violence. There are migrants and asylum seekers from many different cultures and countries – every continent and major religion is represented in significant numbers. The population is highly unchurched and generally hostile to traditional expressions of Christianity. However, there is openness to and hunger for Jesus.
Our focus in Western Melbourne is fulfilling the Great Commission. We pray and seek God knowing that nothing lasting will happen apart from Him. We seek spiritually hungry and open people, sow the Gospel into their existing networks and disciple those who respond in a way that is reproducible and easy for them to replicate amongst their own networks and the people God brings to them. Churches emerge organically out of these networks.
Increasingly we have a regional role equipping, coaching and supporting pastors and groups who have a burden to do the same thing in their areas, but struggle to cross the cultural divide or help people engage with Jesus who are hostile or ambivalent towards traditional church.
We will be sharing some of the things we have learned through many years of cross-cultural mission, wrestling with Scripture and culture, and a lot of trial and error. Specifically:
Outline of Workshop
2. What’s Old is New: (re-)Emergence of discipleship movements in the last thirty years
3. Returning to Basics: Kingdom vs Culture
4. A Helpful Road Map for Effective Discipleship – Four Fields + Father’s Heart
5. Getting practical
b. Partnering with God – People Map
c. 1 Minute Testimony & Gospel